Join Corey Moss (on location at Shure headquarters) as he welcomes his guest:
Chris Lyons – Sr. Manager, Integrated Systems Marketing at Shure, Inc.
Corey took a Convergent AV Road Trip to Shure headquarters in Niles, IL on Monday March 11th, and was taken on a tour of the facility by Chris.
- Some of Shure’s history, including discussion about founder Sidney N. Shure (there is a history exhibit there)
- Shure’s most historic and famous microphone – the Unidyne
- The well-known SM58, and significance concerning where headquarters is located
- A visit inside Shure’s anechoic chamber for analysis and testing, used for testing microphones under development along with ongoing verification testing
- Quality and assurance testing rooms – including microphone drop testing, testing for UV and electromagnetic exposure, temperatures, humidity and more
- Wireless microphone and device testing for standards compliance and performance
- Wireless microphone usage and demand
- Axient Digital
- The S.N. Shure Theater
- The Performance Listening Center/Studio (where this podcast was recorded)
- The people at Shure and their ongoing commitment to audio quality and excellence
- The influence of the marketplace for ongoing development, quality testing and assurance